Cheat chart for an Inverted triangle body type
If you are an inverted triangle, you will have following physical-characteristics:
- The shoulder is broader than the hipline.
- Flat and straight hip.
- Bust falls under small to a bigger size.
- Legs are well-shaped.
- Waist not defined.
- Shoulders are straight and strong-looking.
- Avoid unnecessary bulk around the shoulder area.
- Keep your upper body cluster free.
- Avoid print and embellishments around the neck and shoulder or upper part of the body.
- Opt for a clear pattern for tops and shirts.
- Draw attention towards your leg area.
- Use of excessive detail and fabric around the shoulder and bust area – that will make your upper portion look bulkier.
- Wearing a printed top – it will highlight your broad shoulders.
- Wearing skinny and tight pants/bottom- It will make your bottom look flatter and skinner.
- Wearing broad necklines- It will make your shoulder look broader.
- Invest in tops or dresses with narrow and deep necklines.
- Avoid embellishment or detail on the neckline of the top.
- Avoid wide and low necklines. It makes the upper body section broader.
Range of preferable Necklines for an Inverted triangle body shape:
- While shopping for short sleeves, opt for a fitted and dropped shoulder silhouette.
- If you want to invest in long sleeves soft flowy sleeves with no embellishments on the shoulder area are preferable.
- If investing in sleeveless tops, invest in a top with wide straps, it will make the shoulder look less broad.
Range of preferable Sleeves for an Inverted triangle body shape:
Preferable Tops, T-shirts, and Shirts:
- Avoid crop tops that end around the waist as they will bring attention to broad shoulders.
- Invest in a darker colored top with no detail or embellishment on the neck and shoulders.
- The length of the top should be till the hip line.
- Opt for tops with volume, detail, and embellishments around the waist and hip area.
- Invest in a collarless or small collar shirt or top to avoid any attention towards the shoulder area.
Range of preferable Top, T-shirts, and Shirts for an Inverted triangle body shape:
Preferable Jacket and Coat:
- Invest in details and pockets around the hip or the lower waist area.
- Avoid double-breasted, big collars, and shoulder pads.
- The length should be till hipline or below.
- Avoid embellishment and shoulders around the shoulder and bust area.
- Invest in jackets or coats which have pockets around the waist area or below.
- The dark-colored long jacket will make you appear slimmer.
- Avoid cropped or structured jackets, invest in a jacket with a belt to give the illusion of a defined waist.
Range of preferable Jackets and Coats for an Inverted triangle shape body:
Preferable Jeans and Trousers:
- Avoid skinny jeans or trousers, it will make legs appear slimmer than needed.
- Opt for jeans and trousers with a big side or back pockets around the hip.
- Invest in jeans and trousers with prints, embellishments, and detail around the hip.
- Opt for mid to high-rise and straight, bootcut, and flares jeans and trousers.
- Lighter color jeans and pants are preferable.
Range of preferable Jeans and Trousers for an Inverted triangle shape body:
Preferable Skirts and Shorts:
- Skirts and shorts with flowy or wider at the bottom.
- Invest in the clothing with pockets and other embellishments around the hip area.
- Avoid tight-fitted or body-hugging skirts or shorts.
- Bright color and horizontal stripes on skirts and shorts are preferable.
- Preferable length of the skirt and shorts should be either short or long and flowy.
Range of preferable Skirts and Shorts for an Inverted shape body:
Preferable Dress style:
- Avoid dresses that are fitted at the hem.
- Avoid straight-cut dresses.
- Investing in a belt to wear at the waist, it will draw attention to a well-defined waist.
- Avoid dresses with heavy, detailed, embellished, or texture around the shoulder and neck area.
- Invest in a dress that has good detail around the waist, hip, and hem.
- The silhouette of the dress should be clean at the shoulder and wider/flowy at the waist/bottom.
Range of preferable Dresses for an Inverted triangle shape body:
Preferable Jumpsuit and Playsuit:
- Avoid jumpsuit or playsuit with skin-tight or body-hugging around the leg area.
- Jumpsuit or playsuit should be bright colored and straight/flowy from the bottom/hem.
- Avoid investing in a Jumpsuit or playsuit with details around the neck or shoulder area.
- Waist or bottom part of the jumpsuit or playsuit may have embellishments, details, prints, etc.
Range of preferable Jumpsuits and Playsuits for an Inverted triangle shape body:
Achieve more proportional body shape:
- Wear dark color clothing around the shoulder area like a dark color top/shirt.
- Invest in a well-fitted bra.
- Wear a dress to enhance your waistline.
- Invest in clothing which adds volume to the waist to a balanced look.
- Stay away from clothing that draws attention towards the shoulder and bust area.
- Invest in belts and elongated earrings.
- Avoid small prints and horizontal stripes on the top portion of the body.
Still unsure about your body type? Click here to know your body type.