Remain hydrate the whole day
Are you hydrated enough?
Many times, we feel that we are drinking enough water to stay hydrated but are we actually hydrated? 60% of our body is water, we need to maintain that level in order to function properly.
Symptoms of dehydration:
- Feeling thirsty.
- Dry mouth, eyes, and lips.
- Dark yellow colored pee.
- Smelly pee and fewer than 4 times in a day.
- Feeling tired and dizzy.
- Feeling hungry even though you just ate.
- Drink too much alcohol.
- Be under the sun for a long time.
- Feeling confused.
How much water do you need to drink in order to remain hydrated?
The simplest way to calculate the amount of water you need to drink in a day is –
Your weight (lbs) / 2 = Amount of water you need to consume (oz)
You can calculate the amount of water you need to consume online.
Ways to consume to increase water consumption:
- Always carry a reusable bottle with you, around the house, and wherever you go.
- Drink icy cold water.
- Make it a routine, timely drink of water the whole day.
- Put a reminder on your phone. It will remind you to drink water.
- Add flavor to your water by adding citrus fruit, berries, and mint.
- Drink herbal tea once or twice a day.
- Use a hydration app to keep track of your water consumption.
- Drink a glass of water half an hour before every meal.
- Drink a glass of water, first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up, before going to bath, and the last thing before going to bed.
- Always keep a jug of water prepared in your fridge.
- Consume water-rich fruits and vegetables.
Why remain hydrated is necessary?
- Your skin texture and elasticity improve.
- Improves your complexion.
- Your kidney works better.
- It boosts your immune system.
- Keep your bowels moving.
- Regulate body temperature.
- It improves your energy level.
- Your brain functions better.
- It improves your mood.
- Helps in weight loss.
- It prevents headaches.
- Improve digestion.
- Helps to prevent hangovers.